The Affordable Care Act (ACA) greatly improves how millions of Americans access health care. This comprehensive reform of health insurance attempts to make insurance more affordable, higher in quality and more accessible for people. It also expands Medicaid, imposes new responsibilities on individuals to purchase insurance and provides new incentives for employers to provide insurance for their employees. Together, these changes are estimated to expand coverage to 32 million people who were previously uninsured, and improve access and quality for many who have insurance.
ACA Provisions »
- ACA Basics
- Individual Requirement
- Employer Requirements
Health Insurance Exchanges
- How would individuals or businesses buy insurance in an Exchange?
- What will the Exchanges offer?
- What are an Exchange’s responsibilities?
- How will Exchanges coordinate with state Medicaid and CHIP programs?
- How can Exchanges hold health plans more accountable?
- How do Exchanges improve health plan quality and value?
- Consumer Protections in the Affordable Care Act
- Setting Premiums
- Essential Benefit Package
- Coverage Tiers